Thursday, May 12, 2011

Russian Generals - Front Rank

After the move last December we 'lost' the charger for the family camera so I have been unable to take any pics since then, but finally I bought a new camera with macro mode for taking pics of miniatures, hopefully you will start to see some pics of the 'new' stuff though the blog will remain primarily an 'informational' blog rather than seeing endless pics of my collection.

Anyway last weekend was our local clubs AGM, which apart from beer and a curry, and then beer and a game was also the occasion for the annual auction, I picked up these Front Rank Russian Generals, as well as some British Light Dragoons all from DPS. The Dragoons are destined for skirmish gaming, the Russian Generals I was unsure about but they will most likely have to wait until next year before they have any troops to command, so this gave me a chance to try out the new camera (which cost around $80).

I need to improve my camera skills I think as the figures look better than in the pics.






3 comments:

Ray Rousell said...

Nice painting!! I like the figure in the last photo, I've not seen that figure before, I'm off to Front Rank to find out what he is, and what he's holding!

Rodger said...

Excellent stuff. There is just something about FR figures. They always look great to me.
Cheers
Rodger

Rob Edgar said...

I used to think FR were the best but I would say that now I think Victrix are the best Russians.

However unfortunately for what I am focused on they only do early Russians.